Choose any story from this list of 2013 NPPA Multimedia Winners or take a look at the monthly winners so far and choose from there. Monthly MM Clips. Please choose a different story from the other students who posted before you did.
Read both Kern, Chapter 6, and Kobre, Chapter 12 before you view the multimedia.
NOTE: be sure to select a STORY with AUDIO.
In a post on your blog, do all of the following:
- Provide the title of the story, and make the title a direct link to the main story page.
- Summarize the story (do not copy/paste anything; use your own words).
- Tell how the story made you feel as you watched and listened to it.
- Discuss the images (specify they are video or stills or both). You may compare them to images from some other visual media; for example, are they cinematic? Are they like print news images? Are they like TV news images?
- Discuss the audio – both its content and the way it contributes to the story.
- Separately, discuss the use of natural sound in the story.
Requirements for this analysis
- The length must be 300 to 500 words.
- Write intelligently so that a prospective employer, reading your post, will think you are smart and interesting.
- Write an appropriate and interesting headline for this post
- After you publish your post on your won blog, copy the URL of the post age and paste it in the comments section of this assignment.